Micro-Nano Science & Technology Division in JSME (Japan Society of Mechanical Engineers) promotes academic activities to pioneer novel research topics on microscopic mechanics. The division encourages interdisciplinary studies to deeply understand physical/chemical/biological phenomena in micro/nano scale and to develop applied technologies. Since 2009, past seven symposiums on Micro-Nano Science & Technology have taken place successfully incorporating with the related societies of electronics and applied physics. We have promoted in-depth studies and interactions between researchers/engineers in various fields with more than 160 papers presented at each symposium for the past few years. Thanks to the previous activities and the great effort of the committee members, the Micro-Nano Science & Technology Division has been recognized as a formal division in JSME.
Today we are pleased to announce that the “the 8th Symposium on Micro-Nano Science and Technology” will be held from October 31 through November 2, 2017 in Hiroshima, Japan. Two cooperative symposium will be held in the same venue and at the same time. We invite original contributions as research papers and look forward to fruitful discussions.
Norihisa MIKI（Keio University）
Koji MIYAZAKI（Kyusu Institute of Technology)
- Shuhei INOUE（Hiroshima University）
- Hiroki OTA（Yokohama National University）
- Hiroaki ONOE（Keio University）
- Naoto KAKUTA（Tokyo Metropolitan University）
- Tetsuo KAN（The University of Electro-Communications）
- Kenta KUWANA（Tokyo Denki University）
- Reo KOMETANI（the University of Tokyo）
- Hiroaki SUZUKI（Chuo University）
- Kazuya TATSUMI（Kyoto university)
- Sumito NAGASAWA（Shibaura Institute of Technology）
- Keisuke NAGATO（the University of Tokyo）
- Takahiro NAMADU（Aichi Institute of Technology）
- Yuya MORIMOTO（the University of Tokyo）
Focus of the symposium
- Precision Machinery · Lubrication · Design
Nanotryporology, positioning, nano oscillators, nano liquid membranes, etc.
- Material dynamics · Strength
Strength and reliability of thin film, mechanical properties of micro / nano material, standardization of material test etc.
Rarefied gas effect, simulation of semiconductor process, micro bubble, image measurement of micro / nano flow, micro pump etc.
- Thermal engineering
Nanoscale heat transfer, nanotube / wire, micro bubble, micro scientific analysis, micro energy etc.
- Production processing · Mechanical materials
MEMS technology, micro / nano machine processing technology, surface modification, laser processing etc.
- Robotics · Mechatronics
Sensors, actuators, biomanipulation, etc.
- Medical · Biotechnology
Lab-on-a-chip, regenerative medicine, cell engineering, biomaterial etc.
- Micro nano system
IoT, sensor network, smart device etc.
Micro / nanoscale mechanical engineering related fields